Friday, June 10, 2005

Read Bob's books thoroughly

The First Instant may be printed out simply in A4 format.
It has a front and back cover. Your local print shop can do it for you.
The First Instant is now available.
Basically this book is a compilation of notes taken down quite spontaneously from a very fresh view from beyond the ordinary 'mind stuff'. -After receiving the message in very clear terms from Bob Adamson, things began to be very clear. -The old ways quietly slipped away and a fresh presence to the moment was self-evident. -What a remarkable turn around it is. -This freedom is unmistakably present in those first few months of emergence. -It settles down as the contrast of previous states and old reference points fade away. -Prior to all this, I had spent many months working on manuscripts and audio files for the publication of his books and CD’s. That has proven to be of immense value to many seekers. -Instead of quoting him endlessly, I will make one very strong recommendation to you. -Read his books. -Listen to his Compact Discs. Watch the DVD’s. Visit him if you can or must but get the message! -It will not fail you! -A visit to attend his meetings has proven to be fruitful in the extreme for a considerable number. Only a few have taken up the task of speaking publicly about the message. -I was struck by his message to such a degree, that I was compelled into spreading the word about him and his teaching. Like a devoted Bhakti, I spent every spare hour of the day on the tasks at hand to do with this. I became so saturated by his message that it sank into every pore. As a consequence of this and in many personal talks with him (in meetings or privately), all doubts vanished. Quietly, in my own company, a realization dawned that the job was done and I hadn’t even noticed that any ‘event’ had taken place. The words, which he uses often are: “it dawns on you”. Now, quite remarkably they had (have) a most definite meaning. Some time after this I used to sit in meetings and momentarily wonder why these others couldn’t see what he was saying. The depth of his ‘pointers’ were (are) so clear to me. Often I would add something in these meetings (as Bob encouraged me to do) and the response was mixed. Many were upset and imagined I was pretending ‘to know’ something that they didn’t. They were there to hear Bob and not some student who thought he had ‘got it’. I was not deterred. It is interesting to note that when I first attended, some of Bob’s meetings were quite heated discussions. It was not what I was used to. Things were thrashed out. It wasn’t always like that. Certain types of seekers bring in that element. It’s all a challenge to the spiritual self-image and that needs to be exposed for sure. The ones closer to realization have dealt with most of the arguments. There are no rules to how a meeting will turn out. That’s the nature of free expression. In the silence at the beginning of one of Bob’s meetings you can feel the atmosphere of freedom and an open respect for all just as they are. Then it is down to business of questions and doubts. Yet this atmosphere is always there in the background. For me, during that time, it was (is) all good and proved to be a cleaning out of the dusty corners of the mind and a clean sweep of the remnants of a false self-image. As the months went by things just settled into ‘a solidity’ and the ever-present fact of knowing became so obvious. I could not fall out of THIS. The fact that it is always now became the norm, so to speak. I was no longer coming and going in presence to what is. ‘It’ was (is) not a state and its qualities are beyond all descriptions and words. Now, I find it difficult to remember how I had been before I came across this message that started with receiving a copy of “I am That” from my ex-brother in law. The path from that to finding Bob involved a visit to India on a self-imposed task to put an end to this ‘not knowing’ the answers. I was convinced that Nisargadatta had what I was looking for, yet he had departed long before. My conviction proved to be far beyond any expectations I might have had. So, you see, I can’t emphasize this strong enough. If you need convincing, then let me convince you—you won’t regret it. There is nothing in it for me. Gilbert couldn't care less if you get the message or not. However in the heart essence of being there is a resonation, which cannot be diminished. It is a subtle warmth, a love of being. To see ‘others’ who are confused and who are genuinely seeking fulfillment, then the message resonates out to them. So it is that I have put the message in a book form as clear as I can. Its effect has taken hold with some already. Bob said to me, early in the piece, when you realize THIS, you may use the same words or you may express it in your own words, it makes no difference. He has always encouraged those who have opened into ‘the knowing’, to spread the word. I witnessed this when John Wheeler came to Melbourne. John and I spent quite a few hours together walking and talking while he was there visiting Bob. Over that period, I witnessed an opening to Bob's message in him. John, as you well know, has gone on to be a clear exponent of the message and has already assisted some others into this openness of being. Getting the message out there is pure compassion - for those who imagine that they are trapped. However, the messenger can only deliver the message. He can't realize it for you! His or her presence does make a difference in some cases. Make the journey if you must - why wait? Basically it is like this: I can take you into the most beautiful garden in the world. It is up to you to see it - YOU must see the beauty of it all - not I. I already see it and your belief that I see it is really worthless to you, in fact it can be a hurdle to cross or a resentment. "Don't try to look through someone else's eyes" - Siddharameshwar. Get the message. If you desire this freedom, then get the message loud and clear. Let it sink in well and truly. Don’t let the mind wander into extraneous stuff. Don’t jump from one teacher to another. This is a habit for many seekers and it leads to confusion and attempts to knit together differing expressions. There are other teachers who are clear. However, I see erroneous concepts being expressed there in their teachings and this is significant and reveals something. Bob lives this freedom 100% and his expression is pristine. Simply pay attention to the message, give it all you have got. Contemplate it within your being-presence. Pay attention also to your life in its immediacy. It's all inclusive! All that Bob is pointing out is in relation to ‘this moment’ - Right Now! THIS is all there is and ever IS. This fact will hit you or dawn on you. The message is clear. It could hardly be put any clearer. It's the attention that wanders about which causes the delay in receiving the message. Presence with the teacher can assist that error. If you read Bob’s books with a keen attention, it will not fail you. It’s up to you. Warm regards - gilbert.
The First Instant. My last and final teacher, Bob Adamson, removed all doubts through assisting me in a thorough investigation of all my beliefs. I now live in a freedom that does not come and go. Few can believe such a thing is possible for an ordinary chap. They are just more beliefs. It is belief that keeps you from your own self-liberation. Why hang onto these obscure and erroneous states of mind? A taste of this book can be downloaded on the website. It is a short extract that carries the same punch, which reappears throughout the book. It is uncompromising and tends to keep the mind focused on the immediacy of direct experiencing. Those who have come to a point of wanting directness more than spiritual entertainment will find a message in this book. I do not dwell on any ideas of being enlightened or in being someone special. I live in one moment of livingness - or one moment lives in me! No difference. This same light of knowing in myself, I see in everyone. Even though in most cases, this light is covered by errors in belief, it is plainly there. It is the simple elimination of these beliefs that free the light to shine without hindrance. To watch the true messenger like Bob Adamson deliver the message is a privilege. Sometimes gentle and nudging the mind towards an insight and sometimes ruthlessly blunt depending on the state of the seeker and the kind of resistance they may put up. In contrast to that, I have witnessed speeches by devotees (known personally to me) of famous gurus, to a crowd of thousands, in which they expounded great insight and professed a deep self-liberation—only later to find in personal contact with them, an admission that they were lying—a divine lie for the good of the group. What bunkum! Delusion leads to more delusion in these cases. Trickery is a lurking thief in many of these groups. It is not and can never be a matter of tricking anyone. It’s the removal of self-trickery that leads to liberation. The touch of freedom is freedom itself. Anyone who has been with a teacher who lives the teaching will know a taste of that freedom. It is only through the elimination of the minds erroneous beliefs that that freedom will expand, in most cases. There are many devotees of popular gurus who have never had a one to one conversation with the guru. Surrendering yourself to someone who doesn’t even talk to you is ludicrous. This projection of an ‘idol’ is tantamount to a sentence in a personal prison of self-exclusion from your own self-realization. The true teacher sees these projections and demolishes them without hesitation. The underlying love you have and express for the teacher is then left as it is without these contrived egoistic projections. Having been with such a teacher, I speak from direct experience and insight. The writing to be found in ‘The First Instant’ is of this same directness. Getting this raw message published in the conventional world of literature has proven to be difficult. One proofreader refused to work with the text due to its nature clashing with their own views and conventional beliefs. Others, in contrast to that, have been very helpful. Whatever the case may be the writing in this new book has the potential to bring the mind into a new view. A fresh and immediate view does not rely on any conventional programming or conditions. It is ever prior to words and literature. Even when I read it myself, it often ‘nails me’ to this immediate moment in some inexplicable manner. The mind opens up into a clear space of knowing as the thought ceases to intrude into this immediate living presence. This wordless ‘I am-ness’ is left clear and the wonder of living is expansively present. The mind may return to its normal activities but there is a new possibility and the open view is still known to be present, even if the focus has gone into some particulars of this present. Everything is the same yet ever fresh and new. This is the liberation. There is no before enlightenment and there is no after enlightenment. All there is, is THIS. The bottom line is: "Your true nature is this ONENESS - Your total potentiality is right here, right now and this is nothing 'other' than 'the presence of knowing' that you already ARE. It is ONE - and ONENESS does not NEED any separate pattern called 'you' or 'me' - or 'anyone' to realize its ONENESS. It is complete just as it IS. Knowing that is freedom in its Totality. Do not limit yourself to being a fixated concept.
The organism which you take yourself to be, is simply an instrument of direct cognition". - gilbert.